Thursday, February 26, 2009

Preschool For Children

I think preschool is important for children. As a child I went to preschool and have wonderful memories and life long friendships from it. Now, working at the same preschool I went to when I was little, I get to see it from a different point of view. It’s very rewarding watching the children learn threw play. I never remember learning at preschool but now I know I learned a lot, I just did it in a fun way. I think children should be able to have the opportunity to learn on their own, threw guidance from the teacher. I feel children do better if they aren't told what to do and when to do it, but discover it on their own in a fun way. Programs such as High Scope or Constructivist Approach develop an active learning environment. I think preschool is important to help children prepare for kindergarten, develop social skills and learn in a safe environment. However, there is one issue I have, not with preschools but with parents. I don't think preschool should be a place where children spend 10- 12 hours a day at. I think parents still need to be the main adult figure in the child's life and not just see them at night and on the weekends.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that the parents shouldn't have their children in school just for babysitting purposes. How interesting it must be to be teaching at the same school that you attended.

    ReplyDelete